Track the progress of current Moonspun Persian Cat litters as well as gain insights into the life of a cat breeder!

Saturday 18 August 2012

Day 6 and Stripe grows

The kittens are almost a week old, and most of them are turning into
true little fatties, all except poor Apache who is still tiny compared
to the rest of them. Dark red and Stripe broke 160 today, and little
Bluecream isn't far behind them. Apache has just broken 130, so she
really has some making up to do. I dosed her with Nutri-drops today
and have been forcing her onto the back nipples as they generally
produce more milk. She gained 9 grams today, so not too bad all things
considered.

Stripe has outgrown her first baby collar already. I put very fine
sherring elastic on each kitten so that I can tell who's who, and I
noticed today that little Stripey's was digging into her. I think I'm
going to keep all these baby collars this time to give to new kitten
owners. They might just laugh at me when I hand them over, but if it
was me, I'd think this was quite a nice thing to have.

All of their umbilical chords are now gone, and their ears are
developing beautifullly and opening well. It shouldn't be long now
before little eyes are popping open too!

4 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

what?? Two days with out pictures. Do you know how much they change in two days?? :)

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little family! Yes, more pictures please. Lots more! :)

Golgotha_tramp said...

I think a baby collars is an adorable gift for new owners. Like the little wrist band babes have in hospitals.

Glad the are all growing strong.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Very good news all around.
Wonderful